Thursday 22 January 2015

The Sprouts are . . . sprouting - yippee!

As it turns out, sprouts are actually better for you than any plant you can eat.  All of the nutrition and goodness is in the seed - so let's eat these wonderful little tidbits of crunchiness and deliciousness on everything.  
I can't go a day without sprouts now that we've begun eating them.  
January and February are the months for indoor learning, been watching gardening advice videos which I purchased last year and hadn't had time to look at yet and reading everything I can on seed starting, organic sustainable growing, am planning and will be starting seeds over the next several weeks.  Some will be planted indoors, some in the Greenhouse, which was 12 degrees Celsius yesterday, so nice and lovely warm.  

Since you asked . . . A few of you have asked what sprouts I'm growing.  Just to start, I picked up a Spring Salad mix, which contains seeds of broccoli, radish, red clover and alfalfa.  If you know me at all, I get bored very easily.  So I'll be picking up different varieties this weekend.  I figure in no time I'll be making my own mix but am reluctant to do so until I get the gist of this whole sprouting thing and what works best together.  It's very addictive I must say. 

Remember to let me know if you'd like to be added to our Weekly Delivery List, no obligation up front, but how will you resist once you know what colourful goodness we'll be bringing to your door.    

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment