Wednesday 1 February 2017

Growing a Business

Promotion

I’ve been thinking of everyone with whom we do business regularly in this small community.  I’m a fan of promoting someone I think does an excellent job and is hard-working.  How about you?  If you have a business and you use someone’s product, do you tell people about it and “promote” them or do you not say a word unless a customer specifically asks about that product or “Where would I be able to buy . . .“?  If you use let’s say a painter, do you tell your friends and neighbours about that painter or only if you know they’re looking for one?  I think we could all do a wonderful thing for our fellow business owners by speaking out before being asked.   Let’s do it.  I’ll start.

As I’m typing here at our dining room table our living room and bathroom are being painted, as well as our wooden doors being finished.  Phil of Morotti Painting (613-769-8038 or on facebook Morotti Painting) started yesterday.  Phil has been here in the past, many times.  As I look around I see his wonderful clean corners and intricately straight ceiling/wall lines.  He leaves no mess.  As a matter of fact, I caught him sweeping the dust and various lost items from behind the piano which I had meant to do before he arrived this morning.  He brings his own coffee and lunch, although I can usually talk him into a fresh cuppa just after lunch.  He works quickly and quietly and gets the job done.  His estimates in paint amounts are right on.  He’s now putting the outlet covers back on, which I wouldn’t have expected him to do at all.  I’m glad Phil is back painting again.

Another excellent way to promote someone, so I’m learning, is on the Internet.  Most businesses have websites or blogs.  I was asked, and gladly accepted the task, to write a testimonial for the bed and breakfast we love in Picton.  I wouldn’t have thought to do this had I not been asked by the hostess.  Mine was added to the many guests who have crossed their threshold and I trust this has added to their business.  By the way, it's called the Bee & Bee Bed and Breakfast.  

So, if you like someone’s services, what a great idea it is to let them know and even more than that let others know about them.  You can help that person to grow his or her business. 

Seems like a good idea, right?  Small town entrepreneurs can always use more help. 

Hot peppers, Ground Dried

Dried hot peppers are now for sale.  

Jar Return

For anyone new to our delivery service or in case you forgot, if you don’t have a use for the jars I supply to you once you’ve eaten the goodness inside, I’m happy to take them back – I’ll give you 50 cents for each tiny jar and $1 for each larger one.  I need to buy new ones anyway so I’d rather see yours being used again instead of going to the recycle bin. 

Pictures

I'm attaching a few pictures so you can get excited about food too.  

Lovely dried and ground d'espellette peppers

The Kale is happily growing


Sunflower Shoots

Sunnys should be ready next week.  

Eats this week are:
Garlic  $2 large, $1 small or $10 /pound mixed 
Herbs, fresh:  Citrus Thyme, Thyme  $2/bunch
Hot Peppers, ground and dried   $2.25 /100 grams  - varieties are D’espellette, Hot Portugal, Red Cayenne, Thai

Applesauce (organic apples gently simmered with a cinnamon stick)  $4 /500mL jar
Granola, with fruit  $8 /500mL jar  
Granola, with nuts and fruit  $10 /500mL jar
I make the granola fresh when you order 
  
Pesto, basil - $4.50 /125mL jar
I make fresh each week from basil grown here, right now

Shoots
Cilantro  $2 bag
Radish  $2 /bag

Sprouts  $3 /bag
Sandwich Booster  (clover, alfalfa, radish and mustard)  
Spring Salad Mix  (broccoli, radish, alfalfa & clover) 

Day Brighteners is a non-certified organic farm, where we practice sustainability and environmentally-friendly farming.  We always use non-GMO seeds and products and take pride in all we do.  You are very welcome to drop by most days, but if it’s picking/packing/delivery day you take your chances on the tour.  Calling or emailing first is a good idea.  We do appreciate your business very much and would like to hear from you with any comments you have.  

If you'd like to purchase any of the above items, I'm happy to provide them if available after our regular customers have ordered.  If you want to know how to receive delivery of our nutritional goodness, see Contact information and email or call me.  Thanks.
Until next post, have a great every day.  
Jo 


12 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. ระบบขายออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete


  2. This post is absolutely fantastic and Lots of great information. Thanks

    Austin web design agency
    austin web design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and my team was in search of a rarely found platform which can help us for our new assignment. We are writers and its been a long time we are in this writing field. So we would appreciate help of this blog.

    Catalyst C2960X 48

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    เห็ดหลินจือ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    humiliated

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.การตลาดและโฆษณา

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.โรงพิมพ์

    ReplyDelete
  8. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.ประโยชน์ เห็ด หลิน จื อ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. HR consultants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!
    digital marketing agency

    ReplyDelete
  11. You understand your projects stand out of the crowd. There is something unique about them. It seems to me all of them are brilliant. Automatic Recirculation Valve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for always supporting us. Thank you for the information you provide. made me very useful Keep updating the article for us continuously. รับทำการตลาดออนไลน์ ครบวงจร

    ReplyDelete