FRITTATA - made simply
A mix of any fresh vegetables such as carrots, onions, broccoli, peppers, potatoes, spinach, kale, chard - chopped
Eggs - as many as you would normally eat per person
Cheese - cheddar or swiss or feta or brie or goat cheese- mix it up from time to time
1. In an oven-proof pan, saute the chopped vegetables in olive oil in order according to their density and size.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs (you could also add milk at this point).
3. If using hard cheese, grate it and stir into the egg mix.
4. Add a little salt, pepper and perhaps some ground hot pepper.
5. Pour the egg mix into the pan over the sauteed vegetables.
6. Cook in the pan for a few minutes just to have it settle a bit.
7. If using soft cheese, slice it and lay it on top of the mixture in the pan.
8. Place the pan in a 400F oven for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden on top.
9. Using an oven mitt (that's important) remove from stove.
10. Now add chopped fresh herbs or sliced green onions. Let sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavours.
Enjoy with a lovely green salad or some fresh sprouts or microgreens. I usually drop a dollop of salsa or tomato chutney on the side.
Be sure not to overthink it, just start cleaning out your vegetable drawer, toss in whatever you like. it's too easy.