Wednesday 21 February 2018

Learning Week

What a deliciously warm long weekend we just had!  Over and above sowing more seeds indoors we were able to open the greenhouse doors, clean up a couple of table tops in preparation for the incoming seed trays and we washed and disinfected a few hundred trays.  Now, each day when I sow new seeds I don’t have to take the hour or so to scrub and disinfect each tray.  Whew. 

parsley

Microgreens were really popular last week so let’s eat more this week.  I’ll keep these going until the big veggies start to grow for us. 

pea shoots
sunflower shoots



You also let me how much you liked last week’s new sprout addition – Broccoli Brassica Blend.  I grew them for a customer who asked.  So like a smarty pants I figured I’d make double the amount this week.  Nope.  It would be easier if I had seeds to do this.  I had a little bit, which prompted me to put in an order to Sprout Master which arrived today.  They have such good service.











Today, I was at the college learning about Selling Food to Ontario.  Quite a diverse panel of knowledgeables informed us of labelling requirements for our food.  There was a good mix of attendees who asked some pretty interesting questions.  It was a learning experience for sure.  I forgot how those fluorescent overhead lights suck the energy right out of you so am tired tonight. 

Eco Farm Day is this weekend, more learning involved.  

Here’s the menu for this week:
GRANOLA:
 with fruit  $8 /500mL jar  
 with nuts and fruit  $10 /500mL jar  
MICROGREENS:  $2 / bag
  Pea Shoots
  Radish
  Sunflower Shoots
MICROGREEN MIX:  (arugula, chard, kale, parsley, radish, red cabbage, curly cress)  $3 / bag
SPROUTS  $3 / bag
 Ancient Eastern Blend (fenugreek, lentils, kamut & adzuki)
 Broccoli Brassica Blend (broccoli, broccoli raab, radish, mustard & arugula)
 Crunchy Bean Mix  (peas, lentils & garbanzos)
 Sandwich Booster (clover, alfalfa, radish & mustard)
 Spring Salad Mix  (broccoli, radish, red clover & alfalfa) 
Tomato Sauce  $6 /500mL jar  sealed
Tomatoes, cherry, dehydrated  $2 /snack bag
Tomatoes, frozen   $4 /4Cup package  great for sauces and soups
Tomatoes, Gardeners’ Delight (ping pong ball size) frozen whole  $3 pound

I look forward to receiving Your Special Order.  Call or email me with amounts you’d like and any questions.  

If you would like to be added to our weekly email list to see what's happening and what's growing, let me know.  

Until next post, have a great every day.


joanne.daybrighteners@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment