Tuesday 3 March 2015

Which is best for you? Placing weekly orders or CSA boxes?

Hi,
I've been thinking about you: our customers for years now; our recently new customers; and our customers to be this coming season.
I've been paying attention to your buying trends, your wants, your needs and the time you have or may not have to actually place weekly orders.
Over the past five years, I've stayed away from the usual CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) system as it wouldn't be the way I'd like to shop and most of you are in agreement.  I prefer to choose the foods I eat from day to day, from week to week and my choices change as I become more aware of ways to prepare foods I've never before tried.  But I recognize that some of you, as much as you truly would like to order each week, don't have the time to actually place your order.  I totally understand this.

So . . . this coming season, which is now, I'd like to offer you choices.
A.  If you like the way we've been communicating (I send you an email of available foods, you respond, I deliver), I'm happy to continue this method of shopping and delivering with you.
B.  If you're finding it difficult to get that email out to me and would prefer to have a standing order of a box of vegetables each week, I'm good with this.
C.  If you'd like a box of vegetables delivered to you every other week, this could work as well.

There is always an option for you to pick up your order if you let me know in advance - how fresh could food possibly be, eh?  Also, some weeks you may need more food as you could have company coming, or may want to freeze or put up some of those extra pounds upon pounds of beans, or you may be going away and not need food from us at that time.  I can throw flexibility into the mix too.

You are most important to Day Brighteners Farm and I'd like you to enjoy as much of our produce as possible and to not miss out.  Give my idea some thought and let me know what would work best for you.  The food we grow here from seed to transplant to nurturing to harvest to table is so very special.  I hate to see any of it wasted or not enjoyed by you and your friends and families.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts so we can come up with the best method for you to enjoy fresh, local, organic, colourful eating in the months ahead.
Thanks.
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment